St. Andrew’s Club & Conference Centre is committed to operating as an environmentally friendly venue. We hold ourselves to the highest standard and look for innovative ways to lead the industry with respect to sustainability and social responsibility. Key points to our strategy include, but are not limited to:
- Gold Star Certified IACC Venue
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring efficiencies.
- Promote and actively participate in recycling all applicable products.
- Source local food ingredients.
- Donate leftover food to Good Shepherd in our community.
- Minimizing energy use through reduction when possible, transferring to LED bulbs, and low energy appliances.
- Continued employee awareness and education by our Environmental Committee.
As a tenant in the Sun Life Financial Tower (managed by Bentall Kennedy), our landlord is a key partner in accomplishing environmental goals. We are pleased to report their achievement of the Gold certification under the Canada Green Building Council‘s LEED for Existing Buildings.